Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chili Dogs and Chinese Chicken Salad with No Chicken.


Yesterday's chili made fantastic meaty chili dogs! YUM! Veggie dogs are Lightlife Smart Dog brand which I found at Albertson's.


Didn't really go with my chili theme but I've been craving a good asian slaw with a spicy peanut sauce which had peanut butter, cayenne pepper, sesame oil, rice vinegar, cider vinegar, agave and soy sauce. I made the salad with napa cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, cilantro, cashews, mandarin oranges and fried chow mein noodles. It was so fresh and tasty.

5 comments:

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

Looks yummy! I have been a lurker for a while. I just wanted to tell you I often sit up late night and read your blog until the wee hours. I've been inspired and so excited about cooking vegan now. Thank you so much. I am eating predominantly vegan, because I would like to avoid meat for ethical reasons...I avoid dairy to a recent onset of cow's milk allergy. Still working on new way of eating and cooking. I am also cooking for my 7 year old daughter, too. She is an adventurous eater. Just wanted to say you are AMAZING and I really appreciate your blog.

kmouse said...

Thank you so much. Your comments mean a lot! I'm glad you are finding inspiration and ideas here! :)

chow vegan said...

Both dishes look super delicious! Love the no chicken chinese chicken salad! It looks so fresh and yummy! :-)

Vic Robinson said...

Chili dogs?!?! That makes me hungry. :)

tianode said...

Beautiful Collection !!! by Revathi