Sunday, July 26, 2020

Vada Pav.

This is my attempt to make a less fried version of a popular Indian street food snack called Vada Pav! It’s basically potato patties that have been battered and fried and are served in a soft roll with different flavorful chutneys. 


I seasoned them with mustard seed, garlic, ginger, asefetida and cilantro. I didn’t have curry leaves and I know that flavor profile is missing. The batter is made with chickpea flour. I made mint and coconut garlic chutneys yesterday so I was glad to have something delicious to put them on. I used Vada Pav recipe from Tarladalal.com and they said it’s possible to pan fry instead of deep fry. They turned out pretty good though not as authentic because I didn’t deep fry, no curry leaves and I didn’t have the right bread. I used a soft artisan burger bun instead. But with all the chutneys piled on, it was absolutely delicious. The potato patties were slightly crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and the chutneys were spicy, tangy and so flavorful. I recommend! 





No comments: