Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I believe this is my first vegan Irish stew that was made in a crockpot. I adapted a recipe from this blog: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-irish-stew/
I was originally going to put in Gardein beef chunks but my local market didn't have them so I used Boca Burger patties that I cut into chunks and pan fried with onions, garlic, bits of mushroom, soy sauce, nutritional yeast and some herbs. I layered the potatoes, rutabaga, sautéed onions and leek, then the burger chunks. Covered it with veggie broth that was mixed with soy sauce, nutritional yeast, tomato paste and salt. Cooked on low for about 8-9 hours. After it was done, I added more salt to taste.

Also made a giant vegan biscuit that I cut into squares. Was too lazy to cut out circles. 


The little Irishman. (Great granddad was Irish!)



2 comments:

Hillary said...

The little Irish man steals my heart!!

kmouse said...

❤️ :)