Monday, July 27, 2015

Dinner ruined! Plus backup dinner and chocolate pudding freezer pops.


So I got home from work today and spent a good amount of time making the above dinner. I revamped the coconut lentil dahl and made patties and roasted cauliflower. It would have been so good. Unfortunately when I took them out of the oven, I realized a light bulb in the oven had exploded and there was glass on the food. There were shards of glass mixed in with the cauliflower. I was horrified! Had to throw it all out! At least I got some pics. I will recreate this dinner again one day.

Smokehouse chickpeas from Salad Samurai. Easy to make when dinner gets ruined!


Backup dinner was this salad with smokehouse chickpeas with homemade thousand island (vegenaise, ketchup, pickle relish). It was very good.


The other day I made vegan chocolate pudding and decided I wanted them to be freezer pops instead. Super easy to do. Just pour them into plastic cups, stick a popsicle stick or in my case skewers with some foil to cover and freeze overnight.


Super tasty too!

2 comments:

yung@foodyoo.com said...

The patties look so yummy, you didn't mention much about it. Anyway, guess eating something sweet will really calm you down and make you happy after the explosion in your oven. :)

kmouse said...

Unfortunately I had to throw the patties out too. I have no idea when the explosion happened and if there were any little tiny pieces of glass in the patties. :( But here's how I made them. I used leftover lentil vegetable coconut dahl. I drained all the liquid so what I had left were the lentils and veggies which I mashed up then I added chickpea flour, breadcrumbs, oats and some spices. Then I shaped them into patties and baked for 30 minutes, flipping over halfway.