Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mary McCartney's Corn Fritters.

I've been loving Mary's book "Food: Vegetarian Home Cooking" and as I've said before, her recipes are non-fussy and very relaxed which is how I also like to describe my cooking style. You can find the recipe for these beautiful corn fritters here. I veganized them by omitting the eggs and using almond milk and adding a little more almond milk to make the batter smooth. I also used Vegenaise instead of the yogurt for the sauce. I would have used Wildwood plain unsweetened soy yogurt but didn't have any on hand. The recipe comes together easy and I was able to make 12 delicious fritters.


After eating my fair share of fritters, I decided to relax with a tall frosty glass of cider. Happy Memorial Day weekend!

2 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Mmm, I love corn and corn fritters sound delish'!

kmouse said...

I've never had corn fritters before. So glad that I tried them and even more glad that I could do them vegan!