Saturday, October 8, 2011

Black Bean "Chilaquiles". Sort Of.


A bag of fresh tortilla chips from my local latin market gave me the inspiration to throw this together. I didn't have any vegan cheese so I made a creamy sauce made from plain soymilk, onions, garlic, pureed dried chilies and nutritional yeast. I layered the chips with the sauce, black beans cooked in a zesty tomato sauce and corn kernels and baked in the oven for 20 minutes. Came out tasty!


With a dollop of Vegenaise on top. Yummeh.

3 comments:

Jes said...

Chilaquiles are brunch fantasticness! I love your version--especially how easy it is!

A frame of mind said...

i have to admit, i've been a creeper on your blog for awhile. i'm way past due for a comment! All your posts look so lovely and appealing and doable (well most of them) :) thank you.

Erica said...

Hey there! I just stumbled across your blog, and I absolutely love your style of cooking! Everything looks unpretentious but delicious and special. Really nice stuff!