Saturday, October 10, 2015

Enchilada Casserole and Pumpkin Pie Scones.


I was craving mexican flavors the other day so I decided to make this for the weekend. The filling is mixed vegetables, whatever was in the fridge (onion, brussels sprouts, carrot, corn, edamame, green beans), black beans, diced tomatoes and gardein crumbles with spices (cumin, chili powder, oregano, paprika, salt, onion powder). Then I layered corn tortillas with the filling and topped with El Pato tomato sauce, Daiya cheese, vegenaise blobs and olives.


Topped with Cholula green sauce!


Got these at Target. They are vegan and you only need vegan butter and vegan milk to make it. I used Earth Balance and almond milk.


Came out really nice.


Perfect with coffee. The glaze was nice but a little too much clove I think. The scones were very nice and tender.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Enchilada casserole is one of my favorite things to make! Those scones look mighty good. I'm going to Target today, I'll have to look for them.