Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Pizza with Trader Joe's vegan cheese.


Made this pizza for myself tonight after a pretty rough day. I used Trader Joe's vegan mozzarella which is interesting. It got sooo liquidy when it melted. It was sloshing out the sides of the pizza as I cut into it with a pizza wheel. Wacky. I like the taste. It has a very cheesy salty flavor. Pizza from school cafeteria comes to mind. It's not bad at all. Quite good actually but way too liquidy when hot out of the oven. I didn't give it a chance to cool so maybe if I had, it would have firmed up a bit. I'll see tomorrow as I have stored the leftovers for lunch. So far, Follow Your Heart is tops as far as vegan cheese goes.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

The Trader Joe's vegan shreds make delicious vegan mac and cheese, but I agree with you about pizza, too liquidy.

Anonymous said...

Follow your heart is my favorite too! I actually don't like any of the daiya products except for the frozen cheesecakes. I occasionally buy TJ vegan cheese, but my favorite on pizza these days is the mozzarella recipe from Chloe Italian Kitchen!