Sunday, August 30, 2015

"Meatloaf" dinner, Banana Jello, vintage "Radio Pudding".


Even though we're having a pretty uncomfortable heat spell this weekend, I still wanted to use my oven to make this meatloaf dinner. The recipe was made by using the Magical Loaf Studio. Mine was black bean based and I also added tofu. The vegetables I used were celery, onions, carrot and cauliflower, basically what was in the fridge that needed to be used!


So good! Don't forget the ketchup on top before baking!


Banana flavored jelly (Ahmed brand) that is vegan!


Love the colors.


I have an old vintage cookbook that I inherited from my Canadian mother in law that has this recipe in it. Don't know why it's called Radio pudding but the recipe is similar to a french canadian dessert called "pouding chomeur" that my mother in law always made.


It has a cake/biscuit topping and a caramel/brown sugar sauce underneath.

What made this recipe different is that it called for cream of tartar. And this cake is thinner than the pouding chomeur recipe.


To serve, scoop out a slice and invert into a bowl, add more sauce!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Your "meatloaf" looks so beautiful and delicious! And the radio pudding looks delicious as well!

Jennifer said...

WOW! What a fun food post :) Will you be participating in Vegan MoFo?

kmouse said...

No MoFo this time. I don't have the time anymore. :(