Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Comfort Cookin'.


Nice to get back in the kitchen on the weekend instead of going out to eat all the time. Today I wanted comfort food so I made my standby. It's my quinoa-black bean tortilla casserole, adapted from a stuffed pepper recipe from Vegetarian Times magazine. It has layers of flour tortillas, quinoa, black beans, veggies and spicy tomato sauce with a creamy vegan mayonnaise topping. I love this thing and could probably eat the whole pan by myself. CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE. You can be creative and add any kinds of veggies you want. Today I used red bell pepper, corn and zucchini.


Along with the casserole, I made sweet corn cake which is a recipe I got from The Tropical Vegan Kitchen cookbook.


All together now. After a few shots of Tapatio, I was ready to dig in.


I also made banana bread because of some overripe bananas I had lingering in my kitchen. Who doesn't like banana bread?


I took a break from guitar practice to have a cup o' tea and a slice. So good!

2 comments:

"meat-free" Mike said...

I appreciate it wehnever you do get the chance to blog. Keep up the great work! All this looks yummy and is inspriring. "Meat-free" Mike

vegan.in.brighton said...

Your casserole looks delicious and you reminded me that I have some bananas ready to turn into banana bread.