Saturday, July 12, 2014

Healthy-ish Double Chocolate Muffins.


I saw this recipe and I knew it had to be done. I have recently been worried about my sugar intake because I've noticed that in the past year or so I have been going crazy with sweets. I've been trying to cut back on sugar here and there. As far as desserts, I am looking for ways to make treats that take care of my sweet craving but with less sugar. This recipe is great because it uses mostly fruit puree for sweetness and a little bit of agave and brown sugar. I used mango and banana puree in mine. The recipe uses red beets which would have been nice too.


They came out lovely, chocolatey, moist and not too sweet. I think they are perfect with a morning cup of coffee (black, no sugar!).


1 muffin is approximately 8.1 g fat, 190 cals, 9.4 grams sugar. Still pretty high in sugar but I guess a normal muffin would have more.

No comments: