Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gardein Mandarin Orange Chick'n


I've had gardein meatless products before so I was sure this was going to be good. I found it in my grocer's freezer and all you have to do is saute it frozen straight out of the bag until it gets browned and there's a sauce pouch that you defrost in hot water and goes into the pan at the end. Took about 8 minutes to do, just like it says on the bag!


Here we are on top of steamed rice with a side of broccoli and a healthy squirt of Sriracha. It was very tasty. The sauce was pleasant and not too sweet and the texture of the fake meat was nice and chewy, not quite like real chicken but close enough for me. Yum. I don't eat fake meats often so this was a treat.

2 comments:

Jackie Smith said...

I also bought some when it was on sale at WFoods, and liked it!

Unknown said...

I picked a pack of this up too, I threw half of it in a stir fry instead of tofu and didn't use the sauce it came with. I really liked the texture! I haven't eaten meat in so long that it was "spot on" for me! Haaha! I have yet to try the sauce, but will try it next time I use it :)